Baptist Union of Wales Privacy Statement
The Baptist Union of Wales is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and seeks to fully comply with the General Data Protection Regulations that came into force on the 25th May 2018. We believe it is extremely important to keep any personal information we hold secure and confidential.
A key aspect of GDPR is that it gives individuals the right to be informed about how their personal data will be collected and used and we are required to determine the lawful basis for processing data.
What is the legal basis for processing data?
We process information, including any sensitive personal data (which includes an individual’s religious belief/affiliation) on the following grounds:
- Legal Obligation (e.g. processing information in relation to Safeguarding)
- Contract (e.g. third parties who provide a service to BUW)
- Legitimate Interest (accreditation of Ministers,)
- Consent: (e.g. when we publish information about you): we will secure your written consent in a clear manner, appropriately recorded and updated as necessary. (The key issue for GDPR and sensitive data is that consent is explicit, and that individuals are clear in relation to that for which consent is sought and have a free choice as to whether or not to accept. Consent may also be given verbally in which case BUW will note this and the information provided).
The purpose of this statement therefore is to tell you:
- What information we collect about you
- How we store your personal information
- How we process your personal information
- To whom we might pass your information on to
All staff are required to sign this statement to confirm their awareness and personal acceptance of the policy..